The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(health/relationship/material) deteriorarse(weather/work) empeorarto deteriorate into sth — degenerar en algo
- Indeed, as far as the railways are concerned, they are far worse and set to deteriorate further in the short term.
- There is growing unrest in Hong Kong over deteriorating economic and social conditions.
- If bond prices rise, it could imply that experts reckon economic conditions are deteriorating.
- Even though they are less than six months old, they are already deteriorating and their condition can only worsen.
- This was not to last though, and the party of six fully expected the conditions to deteriorate.
- But its glory began to fade after the Second World War and it has been deteriorating gradually ever since.
- But the condition of the building is now deteriorating rapidly after lying empty for more than six years.
- The snow on the lower slopes is deteriorating, so we are climbing higher to get better conditions.
- Gray never ages and his looks never fade, but the painting of his serene visage deteriorates at an alarming rate.
- His behaviour has steadily deteriorated over the years.
- The situation has deteriorated to a point where our professional status is in jeopardy.
- Could it the situation really deteriorate to the point where China would threaten Taiwan with physical destruction?
- Joanna's family say the quiet youngster's health visibly deteriorated over a year.
- The relationship deteriorated to the extent where they would split up and get back together.
- Eyesight deteriorates with age, making it difficult to focus on small print.
- The weather deteriorated again - which conspired with our general malaise to keep us from venturing outside much.
- The evidence continues to mount that the US economy is deteriorating at a very rapid pace.
- The mayor said stadiums were deteriorating at a fast rate rendering them unsuitable for matches.
- After all, studies indicate that our faculties deteriorate with age at varying degrees.
- The situation for Japanese film-makers in the mid-1940s had deteriorated to unbearable levels.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!