The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of devastación
1devastación femininethe devastation of war — los estragos / la devastación de la guerra
- Ivor Jones, a Liverpool-born pastor, likened the scenes to the devastation wrought in England by the Blitz.
- We finally manage to get to the heart of the eerie water delta where the devastation was appalling.
- He had also protected the only habitat of civilization from the devastation of the destructive angels.
- The president saw down below what he called devastation.
- The death toll does not tell the devastation the flood has caused.
- The scene was gruesome; the devastation was immediately obvious.
- Hurricane Ike could unleash devastation within only a few hours.
- We should never forget the devastation caused by the Asian tsunami.
- The amount of environmental devastation in the country is incredible.
- Research shows the scale of devastation wrought by recent hurricanes can indeed be traced to global warming.
- Much of the worst devastation on the Six Rivers corresponds to areas previously ravaged by a ferocious 1995 wind storm.
- This haunting song was a brilliant musical evocation of the social devastation of the Thatcher years.
- Reporters touring the camp yesterday encountered widespread devastation.
- Seismic forces and rushing walls of water adding up to utter devastation.
- They also, like all Germans, expected to need to work hard to rebuild the country after the devastation of the war.
- Seventeen years after the nuclear accident, the people of the region are still coming to terms with the devastation.
- The ashes and the smoke from the devastation drifted through the air throughout the city for days after the tragic event.
- In this age of ecological devastation, the bottom line in evaluating a technology is whether it is sustainable.
- Almost a year has passed since one of the worst landslides recorded in Scotland wreaked devastation at Glen Ogle, near Stirling.
- Something as simple as a short circuit caused all of this devastation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!