The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- He was also awarded three Distinguished Flying Crosses, a Bronze Star and an Air Medal.
- Squadron Leader Learmonth was awarded a Distinguished Flying Cross for his attack on the destroyer, and a bar in August 1943 as Commanding Officer of No.22 Squadron.
- Not only was he a hero to me because he was my uncle, but he'd been fêted widely as a daring pilot in the Royal Australian Air Force, decorated with a Distinguished Flying Cross and Bar.
- Along the way, he earned the Legion of Merit, the Distinguished Flying Cross and 16 Air Medals.
- John Riggs spent 39 years in the Army, earning a Distinguished Flying Cross for bravery during the Vietnam War and working his way up to become a three-star general entrusted with creating a high-tech Army for the 21st century.
- Instituted in 1918, the Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC) was issued for acts of valour while flying in operations against the enemy to warrant officers and officers of the Royal Air Force.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!