Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(snake)serpiente de cascabel feminine
- At 35 deg C, not atypical of a sunny, summer day in the southwestern U.S. deserts, the western diamondback rattlesnake, Crotalus atrox, shakes its rattle at frequencies up to 90 Hz.
- It's a showdown between two of the world's most dangerous desert hunters: a red-tailed hawk and a diamondback rattlesnake.
- I was asked to pick up a western diamondback rattlesnake bare-handed.
- We walked on through the fragile valley watching for diamondbacks and indigo snakes, maybe even for a serpent.
- The whirring rattle of a diamondback poised to strike Maj.
2(turtle)(comestible) tortuga feminine
- The periwinkle in turn is preyed upon by blue crabs and diamondback terrapins.
- Volunteers found 21 diamondback terrapins in abandoned crab traps pulled from the edge of the bay.
- This suggests that all could provide food for diamondback terrapins.