The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de cronista
1cronista masculino, femenino
- He looks through the eyes of Roman historians, diarists like Samuel Pepys, and novelists like Charles Dickens, Charlotte Bronte and Virginia Woolf.
- The English diarist James Boswell wrote in 1769, only a year after the Genoese ceded the island to France, of the excellence and diversity of Corsican wines.
- The motives of the earlier diarists are unknown but an awareness that they were living in turbulent times may have inspired the most celebrated of diarists, Pepys and Evelyn.
- As was the case for Gertrude Thomas, other diarists and journal writers, usually members of the white planter elite, remained silent about such personal matters.
- Samuel Pepys, the diarist, recorded having curds and cream or whey as a snack on several occasions.
- Tony Benn has many of the attributes of a great diarist akin to Horace Walpole or Charles Greville and, like these two, he comes from the outer fringes of the titled classes.
- The English diarists John Evelyn and Peter Mundy, who travelled to Holland in the 1640s, both remarked on these methods of art sales.
- The diarist John Evelyn describes Bacon at ease in his garden accompanied by a servant with inkhorn and quill to record his thoughts.
- The growing interest in social history sparked a new interest in diaries and diarists.
- Although most diarists wrote just a sentence or two about a ritual that had come to seem ordinary, Ward devoted an entire page to the 1865 procession, in the longest and most detailed journal entry that has surfaced about Evacuation Day.
- The fact that diarists who have written about trauma do worse than those who haven't suggests that it is the diary writing that is causing the health effects.
- That means that the diarists write about their families, hobbies, and interests, as well as their latest research findings and the challenges that face them in their labs.
- Most of these diarists ceased to write in 1945, but a few kept going through the threadbare peace.
- She sleeps poorly and writes like a teenage diarist.
- Pepys is to diarists what Shakespeare is to dramatists and Boswell is to biographers; the standard against whom all others must be measured.
- There he is on the front cover - a corpulent fellow with pink cheeks and a long, grey wig, staring out at us with a hint of arrogance: Samuel Pepys, the great diarist.
- Samuel Pepys, the great diarist, died exactly 300 years ago on May 26th, 1703.
- Yet another valuable source on the laborers of timberyards are the descriptions of sawyers left by writers and diarists.
- It's meant a lot to me over the years, has helped me stretch myself, improve my skills as a writer and a diarist, and, now and again, has been a listening ear when I needed one.
- Macmillan was a bookish man, an avid reader and a prolific diarist and writer.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!