The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Union Pacific Railroad has ordered 315 diesel-electric locomotives designed to significantly decrease air emissions.
- By 1970 Jamaica's railways had fourteen diesel-electric locomotives and only one steam locomotive was still in operation.
- The company has acquired new rolling stock like Chinese diesel-electric locomotives and fuel tankers.
- But now it's your cue to say there's an accountant with a speech impediment on the other side of the room with whom you are eager to discuss the history of diesel-electric locomotives on the former British Railways Western Region.
- Further discussions with British Rail top management led to the suggestion that the company should purchase their own fleet of diesel-electric locomotives, able to conform with company's requirements for power and reliability.
- Although concentrated ore continued to be transported to the Anaconda smelter until 1980, the line was converted for use by diesel-electric locomotives in 1967.
- More recently, diesel-electric locomotives and many of the monster trucks used in mining have made the transition to electric drive trains.
- Even though by 1960 the old steam locomotives were abandoned for the much more efficient diesel-electric locomotives, the tide could not be turned.
- Steam remained the unchallenged source of power for railroads until 1925, when the Central Railroad of New Jersey introduced the first diesel-electric locomotive.
- You could hear the great diesel-electric locomotive miles away, just as you could hear its steam-powered predecessor clattering through the lowlands of the Hills of Clare.
- The company, which employs about 3,000 workers, is the world's largest manufacturer of diesel-electric train locomotives with operations in LaGrange and London, Ontario, Canada.
- Since then, Taiwan's rail system has gone through several phases, from steam-powered engines to diesel-electric engines to fully-electric locomotives.
- The 18 new buses are diesel-electric hybrids, and they get 60 percent better fuel economy and provide up to a 90 percent reduction of certain emissions than the previous diesel buses.
- Included in the procurement plan are eight diesel-electric submarines, six Patriot-III anti-missile batteries and a squadron of 12 anti-submarine aircraft from the US.
- The Canadian Maritime Force has four Victoria class diesel-electric submarines, formerly Upholder Class submarines of the UK Royal Navy.
- In their place, they're testing a variety of cleaner technologies, including diesel-electric hybrids and hydrogen fuel cells.
- For this the Canadian Navy obtained four modern, quiet long-range diesel-electric patrol submarines to replace their ageing Oberon-class boats.
- After an assessment, the first item on the priority list submitted by the Ministry of Defense was diesel-electric submarines.
- That number could swell if petrol- and diesel-electric hybrids catch on faster.
- Towards the stern, the propulsion was mangled, the diesel-electric engine still trying to turn.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!