The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of dígito
1Mathematicsdígito masculine formala five-digit number — un número de cinco cifras
- This invention was the decimal system of numerals - nine digits and a zero.
- The petrol stations claimed their manual display signs had only space for three digits, two digits before the decimal point and one digit after.
- But it was also well ahead of many hospitals, some of whom had no cases or figures in single digits.
- As of February 1, they should be written by a whole number and two digits after the decimal sign.
- Most of us would put the figure in a single digit in each metro.
- Sure, it's possible to show two significant digits based on the data you collected, but is it really reliable?
- But in Russia, the figure hovered in single digits - between two and six per cent.
- In maths they should be able to multiply two digits by two digits, read graphs as well as working with percentages and fractions.
- Then I'm asked for the first and fourth digits of my five digit passcode.
- Other researchers have contrasted number words, digits, dot patterns, or Roman numerals.
- So, although it's a practical way to test integers smaller than 10 billion, which have nine digits, it fails miserably for integers of 25 digits or more.
- Notice that the floating-point versions have a single digit, a decimal point, then the rest of the significant digits.
- Integers have no digits to the right of the decimal point.
- In the articulatory suppression condition, the subjects recalled significantly fewer digits than in the listening condition.
- The final two digits signify the year in which the wine was tested and the number immediately before this one is the number of the particular bottling in that year.
- It must be some model if it can produce forecasts to four significant digits.
- In a decimal number, the actual value represented by a digit in that number is determined by the numeral and the position of the numeral within the number.
- When the race time mnemonic could not apply, he used other techniques, such as interpretation of 3 digits as ages (with one decimal point).
- It's actually, the critical fingers seem to be digit two and digit four and the ratio of the lengths of those digits around the central digit.
- All local numbers in the affected areas will get two extra digits changing them from five digit numbers into seven digit numbers.
- The researchers found that in people under the age of 25, the thumb has taken over from the index finger as the digit most frequently used.
- A ten-month-old boy has had his legs, arm and five digits amputated after contracting meningitis in Sheffield.
- But inside the four layers of socks and gloves, I could hardly distinguish where my digits began and my arms ended.
- You know that bit when he flies inverted above the enemy MiG and gives him the middle digit?
- Extortion, drug peddling, protection rackets… you name it, these men have got their nasty, fat little digits well dug in - right up to the knuckles!
- To combat any potential misfortune, they stick out the second and fifth digits of one hand and touch their genitals with the outstretched fingertips.
- A pensioner sparked a murder hunt after he severed his finger with a powersaw, sending the digit flying into the garden of a neighbour who believed it was evidence of a grisly crime.
- It was a clenched fist of triumph, rather than the rigid digit, which he raised at the end of a night where his embattled, nervous side scraped through as a result of his single magnificent contribution to the game.
- The severed digit was wrapped in cling film by the little girl's concerned mum, and is currently in a freezer at Fulford Road police station.
- The similar treatment of limbs and digits is also evident in the hands of The Lover.
- Unlike other primates, the human foot is not prehensile - that is, not able to grasp objects with the aid of an opposed first digit like the thumb.
- Factors as diverse as skeletal muscle pathology and sucking a digit (thumb or finger) can substantially influence the growth of the face and dentition.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!