The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de digno
1(person/reply) digno(person/reply) circunspecto(silence/attitude) dignoit's not very dignified — no es muy decoroso / elegante
- A man of quiet disposition, Andy's dignified manner engendered widespread respect and regard.
- A man of an extraordinary generous nature, he reached out to many down the years and his dignified presence and manner commanded much respect and regard.
- The Trust has been rightly praised for its efforts over the last year, conducting itself in a dignified manner, and its continued presence must be reassuring to fans during these troubled times.
- A discerning crowd that cheers the models, behaves in a dignified manner and overlooks any slight lapses in the show, encourages the models to put their best foot forward.
- Part of the programme dealt quite nicely with the subject of transvestism, and whilst perhaps the approach was a little too sympathetic, the whole subject was treated in a dignified manner.
- You will be respected for your dignified demeanour.
- We're also told that he will make a personal appeal to Congress to handle the nomination process in a dignified manner.
- The physically challenged and the aged need to be taken care of so that they can live in a dignified manner without seeking charity from others.
- They have conducted a serious and dignified debate on the issues.
- The author profiles black Hollywood with a dignified respect it deserves.
- And he was a very upright, dignified man, respected by one and all.
- Visually and musically, the film retains a dignified composure.
- And yet, it is maintaining a dignified silence.
- If they proceed, I urge the Australian Jewish community, and particularly The Australian Jewish News, to treat it with dignified silence.
- They've kept a dignified silence, which I'm sure is the best thing to do.
- However, I have chosen to keep a dignified silence and I will continue to do that.
- Each group maintained a dignified silence as the marchers passed on their pilgrimage to uphold Republican martyrology.
- In contrast to the dignified silence from the other side, even slyly whispered accusations are magnified to sound deafeningly crass.
- The Germans, by contrast, have maintained a dignified silence.
- At this point I chose dignified silence over extended debate.
2(stately)(bearing) majestuoso(bearing) señorial
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!