Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Cool-season herbs including dill, fennel, parsley, cilantro, oregano, arugula, thyme and savory also can be planted.
- This family of plants is vast and contains some of our most popular herbs such as, dill, coriander, parsley and angelica as well as some common pot herbs, for example carrot, parsnips and celery.
- Caterpillars of the Black and Anise Swallowtail make their home on and eat the leaves from the parsley family that include fennel, angelica, dill and chervil.
- The herbs grown include basil, chives, chervil, dill, lavender, mint, moss curled and Italian parsley, oregano, sage, sweet marjoram, savory and thyme.
- Herbs available throughout the year include bay leaves, mint, chives, rosemary, tarragon, chervil, oregano, thyme, sage, dill, basil, sorrel, curly parsley and flat parsley.
- Some easy-to-grow annual herbs that can be transplanted to your garden next spring include basil, dill, oregano, chives, coriander, and anise.
- Choose five of the following fresh herbs: flat-leaf parsley, chives, mint, chervil, basil, dill, tarragon.
- Sow cilantro, dill, fennel and parsley, or set out transplants from the nursery.
- I had wormwood, soapwort, dill, yarrow, tarragon, chives, rosemary, lavender, angelica, many kinds of basil and thymes.
- That's the rosy definition of my yard's unruly borders, where colorful annuals and self-seeded dill, parsley, and forget-me-not tumble together.
- Coriander, garden cress, and dill are short-lived annuals that, when cut for harvest, do not regrow.
- Other powerful herbs include dill, garden thyme, rosemary and peppermint.
- Home grown herbs would have included coriander, dill, thyme, opium poppy and summer savoury.
- Nasturtiums, violets, clove gilliflowers, and marigolds are all cited in this context in English recipe books; the blossoms of many herbs, such as rosemary, basil, dill, and chives, can be added.
- You may pick a sprig of rosemary or thyme, or a few fronds of parsley or dill, but you'll pick an armload of basil.
- Rosemary, thyme and dill are also good decorative herbs to plant with cabbages.
- This is why it is important to have a good cross-section of indigenous plants that will host predators, such as umbellifers like fennel and dill that attract hoverfly larvae that eat aphids.
- To attract these flies, plant some dill, parsley and sweet clover in your garden.
- In cooler areas, plant dill a week or two before your last hard frost.
- In that case, consider planting insectary plants like dill, radishes, or tansy, which attract natural predators.
2US also dill picklepepinillo en vinagre al eneldo masculine