Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(sound)tilín, tilín masculineto go ding-a-ling — hacer tilín, tilín
2(stupid person) tonto masculine US informal(stupid person) tonta feminine US informal
- OK, I admit I am one of the ding-a-lings that's taken my 401 statement, thrown it in the drawer, don't even want to look at it, but actually, we should be looking at it, right?
- Just where do all the dedicated dorks, delightful dingbats, and dialectical dunderheads, plus a lively assortment of daffy ding-a-lings call home-sweet home?
- On another matter it never fails to amaze and annoy how there are to many that assume one is uneducated because in this case, my views don't tie in with those ding-a-lings who think they know it all.
- For a bird's eye view of ‘The Rock’ and where to find it on a map - use one of your delightful digits you silly, little ding-a-ling.
- So, if you're a dabbling dork, a dainty dweeb, or dashing ding-a-ling… there's definitely a place here with your name on it.
- Be you left wing, right wing or ding-a-ling, I can accept no answer but ‘Yes!’