The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de franqueza
1(of character, manner, remark)franqueza femenino
- Those willing to discuss their disagreements with him say they respect his directness.
- He has a directness that lends itself to being interviewed.
- Once again, a mature person will appreciate your directness and give you a reasonable explanation for not answering you.
- They want directness about what's going to change and how it is going to change.
- Other people might have been offended by such directness, but she was not.
- The new Metropolitan Police Commissioner is a man of admirable directness.
- Would we find that this hitherto unknown man spoke to us in tones of refreshing directness and honesty?
- He blinked several times, surprised by her directness.
- Simplicity and directness are generally regarded as cardinal virtues in American peace leadership.
- But television is an unforgiving medium: it rewards directness and a sense of human spark.
2(of aim, attack)lo directo
- Reyes runs at defenders with directness and explosive pace and he is not good enough defensively to be regarded as a long term wing solution.
- The trolley-running phase of the game is there merely to reward both speed in connecting your route and directness of the run.
- He was amazed at the directness of their travel, even in strong currents.
- The presence of steps or ramps and the directness of the route also seem relevant.
- The All Blacks will stretch the Scots ' defence with the speed and accuracy of their passing and the power and directness of their running.
- Bees dart homewards from far-off fields with the directness of an arrow.
- However, despite the directness of the route, the old road was terribly difficult to cross.
- The figures show reduction of emissions from planes in UK airspace, through improved efficiency of airspace management and flight path directness.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!