The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de inutilizar
1.1(illness/accident/injury) dejar inválidohe was disabled during the war — quedó inválido en la guerra
- I know how it feels to be disabled by this disease.
- There are currently around 400,000 sufferers in the UK, many of whom are disabled by the disease and unable to work.
- But how did he see it that clearly when his own daughter has been disabled by the disease?
- As senior partner he remained at Pontardawe for 23 years before being disabled by coronary disease.
- It ploughed into Joanne's Ford Fiesta, another van and a Plumb Centre lorry - whose driver was left disabled with multiple injuries.
- A former employee at a Bradford catalogue company who was left permanently disabled by an accident at work has won a four-year battle for compensation.
- Later, she appeared in the company of children disabled by land-mine accidents.
- They have a much higher chance of dying in or being disabled by an accident, yet mothers let their children grow up and drive cars.
- In time, other targets will include peripheral vascular disease that disables people with diabetes, the prevention of stroke, and treatment of renal ischemia.
- His family knew hardship after his father was disabled in an accident.
- Maury entered the US Navy in 1825, but an accident in 1839 partially disabled him, so he left active sea duty.
- The injury disabled her right arm and prevented the 21-year-old from using either arm in training.
- More than three million people in the UK are disabled by a rheumatic disease.
- They had attacked a truck damaging, but not totally disabling the driver.
- She was disabled in a training accident and lost both of her legs.
- Bismarck's original objective was insurance for workers who were injured and disabled in industrial accidents.
- Some of the surviving victims of this syndrome have been disabled for life.
- Evidently, it's only frivolous if somebody has been disabled for life.
- They are often minorities, almost always impoverished and disabled by their illness.
- She spent five months living in a unit with five physically and intellectually disabled people.
- At midnight on Halloween 1989, his agents picked 13 locks and disabled two alarm systems to plant a bug in the Gambino offices.
- But in a break-in at the weekend thieves forced open a toilet window, disabled the alarm system and put plastic bags over the CCTV cameras.
- They disabled an alarm system at a store by cutting through live wires at a Telecom junction box which put thousands of phones in the region out of action.
- After making sure the building's alarm system was disabled, they climbed through the hole and then into the space above the ceiling.
- Police officers called to investigate the burglary at Martin's believe it was carried out by professionals, who cut telephone lines before entering the building and made attempts to disable the alarm system.
- Improved car security has meant thieves now go for car keys so they can disable immobilisers and alarms.
- At the same time, you must overtake the security guards, disengage the alarm system, and disable the security cameras.
- Ma said the rainfall drowned the station's cooling system, thus disabling it and paralyzing the pumping station.
- The telephone line to her home was cut by the raiders and the burglar alarm was disabled.
- I tap into the system, causing the doors to unlock and disabling the car alarm.
- Home alarm devices can be disabled by a crafty intruder.
- Auditing is disabled by default; enable only one or two options that are necessary.
- They should all be disabled by default and enabled only as needed.
- Can library staff readily either unblock a specific site or disable the filter entirely?
- Second, the text of the statute authorizes the library to disable a filter.
- Can branch staff disable a filter without needing the system administrator's password?
- There is no patch, but a perfectly good workaround is simply to disable scripting.
- Users can operate the stage without rotation and disable the touch alarm if required.
- Don't disable smoke alarms even temporarily - you may forget to replace the battery.
- Nvidia Firewall 2.0 was disabled for this test.
- This rule seems to disable the demonstrations in the Meteors before they get under way.
- Her own response illustrates the power of a dominant discourse to effectively disable her reading of a review recommending important work in basic writing scholarship.
- This, in turn, causes Google Adwords to automatically disable the affected campaign keywords and prevent ads from being displayed.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!