The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1formal(separate, distinct)(events/units) diferenciado
- All of these may usually be discrete and distinct domains but one key theme of this chapter is that there are also overlaps.
- These conjoined applications raise one point in common and others discrete to the individual cases.
- That is, does age affect general ability or does it have discrete effects on individual abilities?
- Mosaic warts occur as collections of small, discrete and densely packed individual warts.
- We have seen that in an atom, possible electron energies come in a discrete series of distinct levels.
- Now I am going way out on a limb here, but could a discrete universe make this a moot point?
- Signs are only meaningful within the system of signification in which they are produced, and not as discrete units.
- Assemblages are denned as coherent suites of plant fossils preserved in discrete lithological units.
- Investors own units in the fund of funds but have no discrete units in the underlying funds.
- Chips, being discrete units of food, rather than a single blob or lump of food, have a social element.
- Is it a discrete inquiry by reference to the particular individual or is it a sort of general inquiry?
- Needless to say, the distinctions form a continuum, rather than discrete categories.
- The atoms in iron, in contrast, do not cluster into discrete molecules.
- This extended arcade also sub-divides the site into a series of discrete landscapes.
- The patient does suffer a serious loss of cognitive function due to a discrete neurological injury, such as a stroke.
- It would provide, in other words, a discrete vehicle for important issues to be addressed.
- This book is not about discernment as a discrete act but rather treats it as a manner of living.
- And it works when applications store stuff in discrete files, rather than their own data silo.
- Whilst this book is a stand-alone title in that it deals with a discrete set of texts, it must also be seen as part of a much larger whole.
- The Official Receiver has confined his allegations under this head to the following discrete matters.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!