The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of afectado
1Medicine(organ/limb/tissue) afectado(plant/animal) enfermo
- The only thing I can figure is that they want the diseased bison to infect cattle and thereby harm the beef industry.
- The company has also reduced the height of the development and has introduced a tree planting scheme to replace the diseased trees already felled.
- A City Council report says the trees were diseased meaning they had to be axed before they toppled over.
- A spokesman for the school confirmed that examination had revealed the trees to be diseased.
- Owners of diseased trees had a responsibility to destroy them as soon as possible.
- Eventually she gets a job as a beef trimmer, generally a man's job, trimming the meat of diseased cattle.
- Because there is no cure, the only solution is to cut down both diseased and healthy trees when the insect is found in an area.
- The standard treatment is draconic: The diseased trees are simply cut down and burned.
- When the heart suffers damage or becomes diseased, it struggles to heal and resume normal functioning.
- But now there are fears the grouse could become weak and diseased unless their numbers are reduced
- Carefully cut out as many of the stems as necessary, taking out diseased or weak growth first and untangle the rest if possible.
- This would not affect the use of such a weapon in order to prevent the suffering of an injured or diseased deer.
- Humans are only rarely infected by handling a diseased animal and infection is only temporary and mild.
- Men working in the wood said they were felling the trees for firewood because they were diseased and dangerous.
- Not every animal exposed to a disease agent becomes infected or diseased.
- As the organ transplant industry has grown, the possibility of infection from diseased tissue has become a concern.
- One approach is to remove genetic material from a diseased organism, thus making the material weaker.
- Even if predators don't kill the diseased animal, hunger surely will.
- The co-operation is conditional on seven specific measures including the culling of diseased populations of badgers.
2(abnormal)(mind) enfermizo(mind) morboso(society) enfermo
- She refers to the place as a diseased blight whose continuing existence diminishes the country.
- What the townspeople really suffer from are diseased consciences brought on by severe greed.
- Are they the product of a diseased mind, a sick imagination, a temporary lapse of sanity?
- The only cure for a diseased culture is a healthy culture and the only source of a healthy culture is a healthy spirituality.
- Putting issues in the cupboard only allow them to fester into diseased debates over injustice or elite arrogance.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!