The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de soltar
1.1(extricate)soltarto disengage sth from sth — soltar algo de algo
- he disengaged his hand from hers
- to disengage oneself from a responsibility
- A government statement that troops will disengage from the country by the end of the year has been derided as a political stunt.
- For peace forces to disengage from coalitions that do not yet have the perfect answers would be both wrong and tragic.
- All ships, disengage from enemy forces and rendezvous according to plan three.
- So perhaps now is not the time to disengage from North Asia, although pulling the US troops away is long overdue.
- Additionally, units may be forced to fight when attempting to disengage from the enemy, and only the largest or most mobile forces can do so with impunity.
- Once a red flare is launched then we must disengage from battle.
- The administration has made no secret of its desire to disengage from the Balkans, although it has promised not to make any dramatic troop reductions without consulting with its allies.
- At no time during the campaign did the candidate discuss in an honest way the single most important issue facing the country: how to disengage from the war.
- The three-state solution would permit the United States to disengage from security duties in most of the country.
- Most of all, we must seek to disengage from Iraq - an occupation for which no justification now exists.
- The government decided in 1959 to disengage from Africa as rapidly as possible after the next general election.
- He said his division could not disengage from the country, redeploy, and retrain and refit within the time constraints specified in the war plans his division was apportioned against.
- He reported, ‘Plans were already afoot for the Americans to disengage from the city.’
- He has won domestic support for his plan to disengage from Gaza and the northern West Bank, but an overly ambitious focus would be equally damaging for him.
- Prior to that, the President had done his utmost to disengage from the Israel-Palestine arena, in part so as not to become as heavily involved in the region as his predecessor had been.
- A one-hand or a two-hand release disengages the locking features.
- Shift into reverse, disengage the handbrake, release the pressure on the clutch.
- Once outside he connected the trailer to his truck - disengaging the automatic brakes - and watched with horror as the whole vehicle began rolling down the slope.
- Instead of it being a simple switch, a device that connects two wires when you push it and disengages them when you push it again, there was a whole circuit board in there.
- Similarly, if the bearing is faulty or distorted, the sound of metal rubbing against metal within the bearing every time you engage or disengage the clutch could cause a squeal.
- These functions include starting and stopping the engine, controlling its throttle, and engaging and disengaging an electric clutch that runs the bottom auger.
- After disengaging the designated drives, Kelsey gently pushed the power connectors back in.
- An auxiliary pump in the transmission case helps in engaging and disengaging the clutch.
- If the range has an upper oven and fan, disengage the duct connection first.
- Instructing me carefully where best to stand on the narrow ledge while disengaging me from the safety rope, it seemed a long way down to where the guys who had jumped before me were watching and shouting encouragement.
- Hence it is necessary to solve the problem without the group disengaging their hands.
- Often, the driver forgets to disengage the flasher after it has served its purpose, resulting in further confusion since turning indicators are rendered useless.
- The position is slightly tricky to get into: Both scoutwalkers need to disengage their leg stirrups.
- I disengage it, frown at the watermarks, put it back in to finish drying, glare at the man whose print lay on top of mine.
- I shift to the left, disengaging our elbows, leaving room for him to rummage through our five favorite channels.
- With her slim fingers slightly trembling, Amy disengaged the key he'd given her from her ring and let it spill from her hand to the floor.
- Praying that the other two had had enough time, he yelled to Tiffany, and disengaging their swords they turned tail and ran down the corridor.
- Not to be outdone, the other soldier kept his footing and ducked, disengaging his sword from Herrick's.
- He reaches under his shirt and disengages his betel case from the broad multi pocketed belt.
- Chris disengaged the clutch, selected reverse re-engaged the clutch and floored the accelerator within 4 seconds.
2Tecnología(gears/mechanism) desconectarto disengage the clutch — desembragar
- It's completely transparent to the user: you simply accelerate when you want to go, and when you want to stop the car, do so - the engine will idle with the clutch disengaged.
- The supercharger provides boost from just off idle until its clutch progressively disengages near mid-range.
- This protects the gearbox from undue stress, gives improved results at mowing, topping etc., and is safer as it ensures that the tractor stops moving when the clutch disengages.
- With drive disengaged, the vehicle shot down the slope much too fast and - thrown off balance by the suddenly shifting weight of logs in the back - tipped over.
- Once disengaged, the braking mechanisms function independent of each other.
2Militar retirarse(boxers/fencers) Deporte separarse
- In order to do a precise disengage, you need a precise parry.
- If your lunge causes your opponent to react more than he is comfortable with, you will have the freedom to disengage anytime.
- The name of the attack is derived solely from the blade motion - for example: disengage, one-two, and so on.
- The extra long qullions are specifically designed to protect the sword hand and arm, as well as making it more difficult for the adversary to disengage.
- He has trouble disengaging from blockers and sometimes gets pushed off the line of scrimmage.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!