Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(face/person) desfigurar(landscape/building) afear(landscape/building) estropear
- We'll see if any horribly disfiguring scars turn up later.
- Those children who did survive suffered from disfiguring deformities.
- The roadside can be beautiful with the fresh green of the grass, until it is disfigured by some vandals as they pass.
- Rolando brushed the back of his hand across his upper lip where the scar disfigured his face.
- And most residents are implacably opposed to the plan to disfigure our countryside with an immense powerline merely to satiate the electricity needs of the south of England.
- Later I was charged for ‘wounding with intent to maim and disfigure a person’ and bail was set at one thousand dollars.
- Severe inflammatory acne can cause disfiguring cysts and deep scars.
- Even if he lived his injuries would leave deep scars, disfiguring him.
- Our countryside remains disfigured by barbed wire, locked gates and threatening signs.
- The director said that the casual attitude of visitors had already cost the garden a lot of damage. " Many indulge in disfiguring trees and even steal precious plants.
- This scar is not the only one that increasingly disfigures the landscape.
- They are a blight on many city centres and disfigure urban life to an intolerable degree.
- These humps can cause damage to the suspension and underside of cars driving legally at 30 mph or under, as well as disfiguring an attractive road.
- It has affected the whole area, disfiguring the whole neighbourhood.
- She was told she would need radical and disfiguring surgery and was warned she might not be able to eat and talk properly again.
- I cannot see how disfiguring the building to make yet another hotel or gym would be of any major benefit to the town.
- Graffiti disfiguring our public and private buildings is a scourge of modern society.
- I am not surprised the misguided people behind the ‘traffic calming scheme’ that now disfigures our village have so far failed to defend their work.
- Karen suffered facial and hand injuries, a broken leg and a ruptured bladder, and is likely to be permanently disfigured.
- Their fighter's brutally disfigured foot cancels any hopes of victory.