The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de desatento
- Consigned by a disobliging fate to the era of Gladstone and Guizot, he has far less in common with those worthies than with Rafael Trujillo and with Papa Doc.
- Some like feisty, noisy, slightly aggressive animals but others, like me, prefer inert but cheerfully disobliging ones.
- Famously, Connolly is protected by one of the most disobliging management teams in show business, a company with an answerphone message that might as well be the single word ‘No‘.
- I only got my own son to leave home by writing a disobliging article about it in a newspaper, but that's not a remedy open to everyone.
- Don't forget, we had to request these documents through the disobliging chief auditor.
- The figure tramped through the alleys, forgoing the masses of disobliging people for the emptiness of the slums.
- Why does everyone have to be so disobliging, just because it's Christmas?
- Asked in Europe for her name at airport immigration, for instance, she was fiercely disobliging.
- An uncompromising and rigid republican, he was called by Clarendon ‘an absurd bold man’, and by Ludlow, who knew him well, ‘a man of a disobliging carriage, sour and morose of temper’.
- If they were not paid, however, mercenaries could prove disobliging, as the future Henry II discovered on his first expedition to England in 1147, when the troops he took with him failed him and fled.
- I made a disobliging reference to Pinter in my piece, and then discovered before the deadline that the speech had actually been delivered the day before.
- Last year Hitchens told an English interviewer that he is ready to remember even more disobliging material from that lunch, in the event that Blumenthal takes after him in the upcoming memoir.
- Where the speech should have recognised my input, there would sometimes be a disobliging reference to 18 wasted years.
- You can say what you like about the prime minister - and I have said, and will continue to say, some disobliging things - but he has participated in the toppling of two tyrants.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!