The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de desdeñoso
1(comment/attitude) desdeñoso(comment/attitude) despreciativoto be disparaging about sth/sbto be disparaging of sth/sbshe was very disparaging about their efforts — habló de sus intentos en tono desdeñoso / despreciativo
- There is more than a tinge of sexism to the disparaging treatment of romantic novelists.
- He even worked in a few disparaging remarks about the Pakistani team.
- Then I heard them making slightly disparaging remarks about how they would be better at running than us.
- First, disparaging reference to a teacher's advanced age is not at all consistent with Tibetan cultural norms.
- The most disparaging effect of the high cost is on students with lower socioeconomic status.
- These tongue-in-cheek observations are not intended to be disparaging.
- He speaks in a booming voice and is insultingly deferential or disparaging towards women.
- Arthur returned and gave his brother a disparaging look.
- I am referring to a well-defined phenomenon with this term, which as such carries no disparaging connotation whatsoever.
- Whilst Mark has chosen celebrity mania as a context for the story, he is not totally disparaging of its role in society.
- Reynolds gave his approval, but John Constable was disparaging about their aesthetic value.
- You will note that I have not said one disparaging thing about British food or its nutritional value.
- For years there were always disparaging remarks about the fact that Rangers had won another title.
- I don't want to say anything disparaging.
- It was a general ruling that no member of Parliament was entitled to make disparaging remarks about any other member.
- One morning, the police showed up with scissors and cut out a disparaging article about the Vietnamese government.
- Sutherland's disparaging tone regarding the work of the valuer is both ill informed and unprofessional.
- Disparaging exchanges between batters and plate umpires have always been part of baseball.
- The marquis gave his friend a disparaging look and left the lodgings without another word.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!