The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
transitive verb dispelling, dispelled, dispelled
1(doubts/fear) disipar(doubts/fear) hacer desvanecer
- Actually listening to the record does little to dispel these feelings of disappointment.
- Such words dispelled any doubts, despair or lingering suspicions.
- Perhaps it is actually a canny psychological technique for dispelling any last minute doubts.
- Many analysts thought Standard was paying too high a premium for control of the bank in January, but these doubts could be dispelled by a positive update on its integration.
- Such doubts should be dispelled as soon as possible.
- If anyone was ever in doubt that Conway's was not a sports bar, the doubt would quickly be dispelled by a visit on match-day.
- These dispelled any doubts I may still have had about my whereabouts.
- Therefore, the public expected Ho to give the facts of the affair to dispel doubts after his release.
- This win dispels any doubts that Boroughmuir, who stormed Division Two to regain their place in the top flight, will be able to survive in the Premiership next season.
- If the heat pierces those thought bubbles first, then the grunting conveyor belt dispels the last doubts about what soil you stand on.
- A triumphant and energetic return to work in the office dispels doubts about his masculinity.
- The debutants dispelled any doubts about their right to start for Scotland and several older heads who have opted out of touring this summer might live to regret that decision.
- Hendry's Brighton triumph dispelled any lingering doubts that he could perform without the piece of wood with which he won seven world titles.
- But his doubts were dispelled by a blunt briefing from Australia's intelligence chiefs.
- Much doubt could be dispelled by providing the test rig documentation.
- But then you press play on the first disc, those opening chords crash in and all doubts are instantly dispelled.
- Any doubts were soon dispelled almost as soon as the appeal began.
- Barry Brennan made a welcome return and dispelled any doubts as to his ability to perform on the big stage.
- Any lingering doubts were dispelled by their stunning live shows this year.