The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de desmentir
1(claim/assertion/charge) desmentir(doctrine/theory) rebatir(doctrine/theory) refutarto disprove the existence of sth — probar que algo no existe
- In that case, such a hypothesis would then have to withstand the rigors of both scientific method (empirically testing and proving or disproving the hypothesis) and peer review.
- It is understood that DNA and other tests carried out in the immediate aftermath of the killing are central to proving or disproving the main line of the inquiry being pursued by the 40-strong team.
- This isn't such a big problem for science or engineering types, as of course there are real-world criteria for proving or disproving a theory or criticising a methodology.
- There have been no archaeological excavations to prove or disprove this theory.
- Testing again in a few years would give us better data that might prove or disprove that hypothesis.
- Hopefully the second wireless should turn up next week so we can either prove or disprove our theory and get things sorted once and for all.
- To date there is no hard evidence to prove or disprove this myth.
- I'll dip into the records at the state library to prove or disprove this claim later.
- This hypothesis is then subject to further investigation to prove or disprove the theory.
- Times articles have, on numerous occasions, reported allegations against public figures, organizations or governments without independently proving or disproving them.
- But if you say you're measuring something that's proving or disproving Einstein's theory, then all sorts of doors open.
- That value is equivalent to the weight of a given piece of evidence in proving or disproving a fact at issue.
- Any data from these configurations would be useful in proving or disproving statement two above.
- Men have expended their time and energy searching, proving and disproving the creator.
- I can't tell if this proves or disproves my point.
- And if so, has your colleague proved or disproved his conjecture?
- There is little evidence to prove or disprove this theory, since little is known about the Illyrian language.
- I was never able to prove or disprove that translation, so I'll just go on believing it.
- New business units were started to prove or disprove product and service ideas.
- It seems as if the main aim of the analyses offered in this collection is not to prove or disprove a given model.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!