Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- And considering that the Guthrie's new complex on the river will present more opportunities to do new work, we can, without undue optimism, expect to see an increase in distaff dramatists in the Guthrie's future.
- A furious effort is under way to develop pills, pumps, patches and gels: distaff versions of the enormously profitable Viagra.
- While I'm dishing out the demerits, lest you think it was all distaff damage, know that my father went through a rather extraordinary ice-cream phase.
- In the absence of anything more appealing just now, concocting distaff versions of some of the sport's more illustrious bouts from the past is reckoned to be good business.
- As yet, she's too much your standard feisty, gutsy, lateral-thinking distaff detective to be viable independently.
- I can't tell you how nice it is to have another distaff member of the house to talk with.
- In a token attempt at fairness Frank spoke to distaff staff and the Hill's always-burgeoning florist community to find out where the boys are.
- This sudden burst of sensitivity for the station's distaff set strikes some observers as a bit rich.
- It rankled, this meeting, closed to them in the same way the ranks of management had once been closed to their distaff counterparts.
- At first glance, it feels like a distaff version of the same revenge saga, but gradually it reveals itself as even more baroque than its immediate predecessor.
- Well, at least they've brought back Daniel Jackson, pleasing the distaff fans.
- You read that right: finally, the distaff gamer can create her own digital counterpart.
- Now that the studios cater to ever younger audiences with ever younger stars in ever goofier vehicles, actors (especially the distaff members of the profession) are considered over the hill at thirty-five.
- In the distaff category, the Romanian girls won the first three tournaments.
- It's just that Tim Davis, Scott Peterman, Dan Torop and Mark Wyse, although as adept as their distaff colleagues, have less in common.
- The distaff decision was delivered to Brenda Raganot.
- Fillies and mares will benefit the most from the increased racing opportunities with seven new races restricted to the distaff division.
- However, the prospect of an army of females not only having tea in his home, but also planning to stay indefinitely, finally breaks down his resolve and he joins the distaff ranks.
- Nor do we get any insight into what drives his distaff nemesis, aside from a wholly generic motivation, and a fuzzy one at that.