The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of dístico
- He also wrote numerous poems in elegiac distichs.
- He goes on to extol especially the epigrammatic power of the elegiac distich by translating numerous specimens from the elegiac writings of Goethe and Schiller.
- To these we may add the nine notebook lines ‘Ad Vilmum Axiologum’ written somewhat later in 1805, and the distich on ‘The Homeric Hexameter,’.
- The resulting text is more a series of distichs than a connected poem.
- Moral advice and edifying sentiments are found in this series of distichs.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!