The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de zona
1.1(region)zona femeninoregión femenino
- Let us look at that district health board sector, of which a large part is hospital-based.
- The project authorities with the support of the district administration have removed the debris.
- Rural school districts have relied more on federal and state aid over the past 3 years than their urban counterparts.
- Half-hearted efforts at compliance among urban school districts have kept the exodus to just a trickle.
- Today's urban school districts have more than enough money in their budgets to do their jobs well.
- From 1946 to 1947 he was deputy assistant district attorney in New York City.
- Congressional districts are redrawn through a bill approved in the Legislature.
- But a few days later, another district court judge issued a contradictory ruling.
- Eliminating the stalking from my life required an attorney and an assistant district attorney.
- Application forms for travel concessions are available from district council offices or by telephone from 770380.
- In Galway, we identified rural and family owned pubs by selecting electoral districts with populations of less than 1500.
- We believe that other district health boards will have a similar set of figures.
- We are the size of Melbourne, yet we have 21 district health boards.
- Their members will never be bogged down in committee meetings in some district council.
- Citing national statistics, the governor said three districts in the province are a major concern.
- Organizers demanded 64 new seats in parliament for women, one to represent each district of the country.
- The rate structures set by irrigation districts fail to provide the stick for water conservation.
- Nevertheless Muhammad's own prestige and reputation as a preacher extended to neighbouring districts.
- All district chiefs and sub-district administration managers attended the meeting at Pattaya City Hall.
- Arrangements have to be made for the movement of home helps and district nurses.
- Negotiations between Wiltshire County Council and the districts are continuing.
- A more detailed report on the waterside scheme will be considered by both the district and county councils in the summer.
- The district and county councils say it is not their responsibility.
- It is a similar scheme to the one in place for district and county councillors.
- Firstly, all these villages have a Conservative district councillor and county councillor.
- Roy Smith, Tendring district and Essex county councillor, has taken up the residents' complaints.
- The campaigning couple are also angry that no town, district or county councillors have come to visit the site.
- People will also be asked whether they want one or more all-purpose councils to replace the county and districts.
- According to the inscription, he had created ‘One of the most productive and best cultivated districts in the County of York’.
- There are 16 places up for grabs on the youth forum, two for each of the county's districts and boroughs.
- The majority of residents also felt a stronger sense of belonging to the county than to their district.
- We elect a district council to look after the local population's interests.
- He wants district and county councils to take over a lot of Defra budgets.
- The report can also be viewed at County Hall and at district and borough council offices.
- Each of the district's councillors has about 12,000 constituents to whom we are answerable.
- Voters go to the polls on May 1 when a third of the district's councillors are up for re-election.
- District council chiefs have outlined their commitment to affordable housing in Salisbury with an action plan.
- The meeting took place because district councillors wanted to discuss concerns with highway representatives.
- The district auditor has made the point that he is independent of the council.
- Some 12 per cent of district nurses are aged over 55 and eligible to retire.
1.2(locality)barrio masculinored-light district — zona de tolerancia
- the Federal District — el distrito federal
- The retail boom is also transforming the oldest shopping districts in the city.
- Our next stop was the Browns Race and High Falls Area: one of the city's newest entertainment districts.
- Cities with gleaming business districts and luxury developments for the rich are surrounded by shanty towns and slums.
- The Neihu district is developing into a shopping district for suburban Taipei, Wei said.
- Several American cities have closed popular shopping districts to traffic and opened the entire street to pedestrians.
- It is close to the Phoenix Park and the Four Courts and is also within walking distance of the main shopping and business districts.
- There is a new landmark in Ginza, one of the leading shopping and business districts of Tokyo.
- I typically wandered around working class districts of big ugly cities in poorer nations during their seasons of inclement weather.
- In Edinburgh, the city's traditional red-light district was regenerated and the scheme moved elsewhere.
- But since we were up on a mountain we could not visit the red light district of town.
- We then walked down to Fourteenth Street, the center of the city's red light district.
- The survey covers 86 business districts in 40 countries worldwide.
- About 150 demonstrators protested in the city's downtown waterfront district.
- She took a shine to Chicago's sprawling skyline and downtown shopping district.
- They like to shop for all but daily necessities at prestigious department stores in downtown shopping districts.
- There's a new store looking for space in the gold-plated Rodeo Drive shopping district.
- We showed up a bit before then and walked around the meatpacking district.
- Close your eyes and it almost sounds like the meatpacking district.
- Extraordinarily fine acanthite specimens have been found in several of Mexico's major silver mining districts.
- Smithsonite is relatively common in Arizona mining districts, but good specimens appear to be rare.
- the Federal District — el distrito federal
(of state, city)distrito masculinocongressional district — distrito electoral
1dividir en distritos
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!