The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of abandonado
1(factory/quarry) abandonado(machinery) en desuso
- A teenager died when he fell through the roof of a disused warehouse while playing with his friends.
- The band's first gig was in a friend's bedroom and their next was in a disused warehouse in Glasgow.
- It could have remained that way, disused and neglected, gathering dust and cobwebs.
- Open for just over a year it occupies a disused warehouse in one of London's poorest boroughs, Hackney.
- The exhibition is housed in a disused and temporarily abandoned sorting office in the centre of London.
- We wanted a studio or an old warehouse but when we found a disused hospital it was great.
- It is littered with fragments of abandoned machinery and the rusted hulks of disused ships.
- The road will be on the London Road part of the A414 where there are currently two disused access roads.
- We want to make sure that disused railways are protected from development which would make it harder to bring them back into use.
- A group of homeless people broke into a disused Richmond church so that they could sleep there for the night.
- The disused railway line makes the bog and surrounding areas easily accessible from both ends.
- Carp is set to take over a disused part of the garden of Marden House and incorporate it into Castlefields Park.
- It uses an Underground tunnel which had been disused for many years.
- Together with his co-founders, they received a grant to convert a disused swimming pool into a theatre.
- Police said the bomber's target was a truck carrying recruits into the base in a disused airport.
- Plans are to be unveiled later this month for the Emmaus Community in disused farm buildings at Barlby near Selby.
- Over 300 houses have also been built there and the airfield is not disused.
- A little dumping was noted, apparently a bag of some sort of disused building material.
- A Cadishead builder may have to knock down seven luxury homes because they were built over a disused footpath.
- Eventually, he reached a beach and dragged himself through sand dunes until he reached a disused campsite.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!