The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(tactic/raid) de diversión(tactic/raid) de divertimiento(remark) para desviar la atención(remark) para distraer la atención
- At any time today, there are a dozen Hope Vale people either in prison, or who would be in prison without diversionary measures.
- Where occasional water flowing onto or across a site cannot be avoided, it can often be made harmless by diversionary banks, directing the flow into drains.
- Other reasons may include the lack of adequate diversionary options where we can divert people with minor charges out of the criminal justice system into psychiatric care.
- Detailed discussions should follow in order to consider any modifications to the scheme which may assist in reducing the costs of diversionary works.
- Government must allocate extra funding to provide even more of these diversionary programs to give some hope to the juveniles responsible for much of the in-town disturbances.
- The height of the diversionary structure will allow water exceeding a two-year flood stage to flow onto an adjacent flood plain.
- Diversionary tunnels were dug from the cavities to aqueducts filling the reservoirs, which were lined with lime.
- To partially rectify this system new diversionary cables were laid to circumvent the target conurbations.
- A diversionary channel is still being used to flow the river around the work site.
- There was supposed to be a diversionary covering air strike.
- His leadership in directing a diversionary force at Maastricht allowed the king's main army to take the town.
- After a series of diversionary manoeuvres, he crossed the river under cover of a thunderstorm and defeated Porus.
- He deployed his divisions with the aid of smoke, mirrors and diversionary activities.
- Determined to rescue the two, Holmes starts a diversionary fire and, in the confusion, scarpers.
- We have heard all these diversionary arguments before, but rarely do these arguments have any merit.
- Frequently, those solutions have been diversionary, steering the electorate away from confrontations of their own ambivalence about social change.
- Hitler remained convinced that the main Allied invasion of France would take place near Calais and that operations against Normandy were diversionary.
- In the south the French division mounted a diversionary amphibious raid at Kum Kale on the Asian side of the Dardanelles.
- The Duke's army, circumvented by the rebels in a diversionary movement on the march south, remained intact, waiting outside Northampton for events to unfold.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!