The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of mampara
1(screen) mampara feminine(in filing system) separador masculine
- They feed on it because they would love to divide it and there are people like that I've always called the dividers.
- We need an environment for independent media as the unifiers, not dividers, of society.
- During the presidential campaign, he vowed, ‘I'm a uniter, not a divider.’
- As a postscript, I just find it interesting that the big theme seems to be that he is a divider.
- Time and time again I would see one of the protests I attended on the news, them making us look like the dividers.
- We will have to rearrange the traffic islands, signal lights and road dividers to implement the rule.
- The highway had concrete dividers, for crying out loud!
- Roads will be properly illuminated to avoid accidents, especially for the two-wheeler riders who bump into road dividers, he said.
- This is a simple division, of course, but the natural dividers need to be either parks or rivers and regions to share the same characteristics.
- First, there's the reality of people sleeping on road dividers.
- Better yet, removing the dividers instantly transforms the Mini into a portable beer cooler, though that's not in the manufacturer's instruction booklet.
- The lawn part no longer has any lawn, but it's now framed with wavy brick-type dividers which, I'm told, will also help with the erosion problem.
- Sculpted from wooden strips separated by thin aluminum dividers, each panel consists of an array of wells of equal width but different depths.
- The apparatus consisted of a cooler fitted with a screened divider separating ice and water.
- They function as partitions, screens, dividers or the means by which an entire garden is unified.
- Both sections one and three consist of separate poems, while the middle section seems to be one piece separated by dividers signalling individual chapters.
- This mosquito barrier also serves as a flexible room divider between the kitchen and the other living areas.
- A focal point is the Craftsman-inspired room divider that functions as a bookcase on one side and bench on the other.
- Eric stood next to the room divider that separated the item shop and the bar.
- Or use your room divider to add a separation to a large living room and dining room combo.
- Properly placed in a larger room, it can become a room divider screen or simply a focal point.
- There is about 1 foot of space between the table and the short divider wall that separates us from the bar.
- Freestanding room screens or dividers that have slots or elastic lacing for photos.
- The long bench tables have movable bamboo fan dividers to separate the different groups of diners to also afford an air of privacy.
- Fine aluminum mesh screens form luminous gray dividers between a gallery space and offices.
- I'm moving offices in four days, to a hellish corner with no windows and very, very high desk dividers.
- The kitchen island is also a divider, separating the cooking area from the dining space without blocking sight lines.
- Elsewhere in the house, freestanding cabinets also act as room dividers.
- The living room and kitchen were on the opposite ends of one large open room, with no dividers or doors separating the two spaces.
- White turned his head so he could see the experimenters through the glass divider which separated the chamber from the recording instruments.
- Mahogany dividers split up cubicles, and blue and green tinted glass lit the early public conveniences’ more murky corners.
- He created stable dividers, frontages and door grilles for the livery, all designed specially in line with the customer's specific requirements.
- As Olson walks through the office, the fast-multiplying staff peek over their office dividers.
- The bamboo dividers in the dining room provide a feeling of intimacy.
- Subsequently they will ask the corporation to put up at least three-inch dividers.
- All the dividers, parcel shelf and the false floor can be completely removed if the whole space is required.
2dividers pluralMathematics(pair of) dividers — compás de puntas fijas
- The little kids did not like what we said and had their compasses and dividers out, ready to give us a poke so we scooted out.
- In a corner of the lunette depicting Solomon Sitting in Judgment is a figure of a seated man holding a pair of dividers and examining a drawing.
- A pair of dividers, which is a weaker tool than a compass, enables one to transfer distances.
- ‘Like a person using a pair of giant dividers,’ observed Ken.
- It certainly doesn't hurt that both Dürer's central figure and one of Homer's men each hold dividers.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!