The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1signo de división masculinesigno de dividir masculine
- The division sign was in Rahn's time known either as the obelus or sometimes the obelisk, from a Greek word meaning a roasting spit.
- Change the division sign to a multiplication sign.
- Several people have written to tell me that the colon-like division sign is used in elementary education in their country.
- In school you might have been taught to use an ‘X’ as the multiplication sign and the horizontal line with two dots as the division sign.
- The division sign is never used in scientific formulas.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!