The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de alzacuello
1(for dog)collar de perro masculino
2coloquial(clerical collar)alzacuello masculinoclergyman masculino
- Suffice to say that yesterday saw the start of advent, a fact which was noted by the visiting preacher at our Church yesterday, by the fact that he wore a purple shirt with his dog collar.
- And then he will perform a quick costume change before emerging in his dog collar and cassock to lead the ceremony.
- He also confirmed Aitken's plans to study theology but added: ‘Let's scotch this rumour that he's going to get a dog collar round his neck and go off to the Church.’
- I then made a cardboard dog collar, dressed in black and went out into the streets of our fair city where I proceeded to smear the ash all over the foreheads of willing recipients who thought I was a kindly old priest.
- They will all be entitled to wear a dog collar and officiate at baptisms and funerals, but more training for another year is required before they can become priests, conduct marriages and preside at communion services.
- ‘It's the very worst scenario,’ said the local Methodist minister, melting under his dog collar in the morning sun.
- His week-days are spent suited and booted as a corporate banker - but on Sunday he puts on a dog collar to be a Church of England priest.
- The church has had a monopoly on birth, death and marriage rituals for centuries, but life's great moments don't need a dog collar to make them special.
- ‘The vast majority of churches had never experienced a woman in a dog collar before,’ said Ms Vann.
- Tonight as I walked home from the station, the local vicar, done up in his dog collar, was putting out the bins.
- Down by the college flats near Darwin, I saw an old and slightly raddled bloke in a dog collar and full priestly garb.
- Recalling what had happened, the reverend told how he had been grabbed by the dog collar.
- Even her husband's teddy bear, known affectionately as Father Ted, took part, dressed in dog collar and stock.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!