The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1the dog days — la canícula literary
- Fortunately, even in the slow dog days of summer, quality rock music is an unstoppable force.
- It comes to mind now because the 2001 season is about to enter the dog days, and while we don't know yet who the winners will be come October, we can identify the losers.
- We knew that because we played our medium to small sized stadium gigs during the dog days of the third Thatcher term.
- The dog days of January and February have set in.
- At this time of year, in the dog days of winter, it's really nice to perk up jaded taste buds by injecting a bit of zest into your cooking.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!