Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- From 1981 to 1997, no one played with as much tenacity and dogged determination as Mullen.
- This dogged persistence and determination to see it through has taken its toll, both on his finances and his emotional well being.
- They simply want to get things done, and it's that steady, dogged persistence that winds up being viewed as stubbornness.
- There's no drive or energy here, just a sense of dogged persistence.
- For a man whose playing career was characterised by dogged resilience and bloody-minded determination, the manager cuts a very different figure.
- They negotiated their gold ransom for the kidnapped girl with all the dogged, gormless determination of a ticket collector extracting an excess fare.
- He has a dogged determination to improve his life.
- Those who knew George knew of his dogged determination to see things through to the end.
- The persistence, the dogged attention, the caring were what counted.
- From August on, the German companies will have to fight for customers against a dogged rival that has already proven it can beat them in the U.S. market.
- At one point he said, ‘Praise be to God, with dogged perseverance we should be able to solve our economic problems.’
- Yet his dogged determination carried him through thousands of experiments, seventeen books, and a hundred scientific papers.
- Its sheer joy and wonder reside neither in tension nor resolve, neither verse nor chorus, but simply in dogged perseverance.
- For months it has been a media-driven story, fueled by dogged journalists committed to facts rather than opinions.
- He's also dogged in his determination to see his own artistic vision fulfilled.
- She was dogged in her condemnation of those who went too far too soon.
- He performs Sly with his usual care and dogged efficiency, but he never gets under the skin of the part, and the results are very bland.
- Howard, love him or detest him, has earned respect as a leader with incredible staying power, and dogged consistency over the years.
- Reilly's story, one of loyalty, brotherhood, and dogged determination, captures and holds the reader's attention.
- He has dogged determination to win his pro card in 2002.