The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of dogmatismo
- The philosophes criticized the ancien regime of religious superstition and dogmatism, hidebound social traditions, and repressive morality.
- We lack the religious dogmatism and discipline of the other religions who are posing a threat to the very fabric of our religion.
- Our guiding principle should be to leave behind parochial nationalism and dogmatism, and to promote mutually beneficial cooperation based on equality to enjoy prosperity.
- While religious dogmatism is always a danger, it is less of a problem for us today than the soft-core spirituality that is its opposite.
- Another backdrop is the rise of influence of fundamentalist groups and various forms of religious dogmatism.
- Superstition, cruelty, religious fanaticism, prejudice and medieval dogmatism were all anathema to a wit like Voltaire.
- It claims conservatism is rooted in phobias that cause ‘fear and aggression, dogmatism and the intolerance of ambiguity.’
- These days, people think less of John Paul's contribution to the ending of the cold war, and more of his dogmatism, narrow-mindedness and sheer wrong-headedness.
- This makes it much easier to push a kind of fascist dogmatism onto people who do not make much attempt to question the status quo.
- For others, it was the beginning of a culture of dependency which intensified over the decades, encouraged by political dogmatism.
- Nonetheless, popular songwriters ridiculed what they perceived as the inherent dogmatism and moral arrogance of these traditions.
- Like Galileo's trial before the Inquisition, this was not an argument about truth but a struggle for power, a sign of the religious dogmatism of the Counter-Reformation.
- Most of us locate ourselves at some point along a spectrum, with religious dogmatism at one extreme and ideological secularism at the other.
- Their arrogance and dogmatism in pursuit of their political struggle led at one point to a kind of reckless disregard for life.
- However, she was not nearly as concerned with religious dogmatism as were her siblings.
- What is holding this research back is not money but dogmatism and narrow-mindedness.
- In presenting the main outlines of the orthodox theory, he is refreshingly free of the arrogance and simplistic dogmatism that seems to permeate the subject.
- At the same time, there were clear signs that political repression and ideological dogmatism would be hallmarks of communist power.
- In this ideological age, the youth movements displayed no small measure of dogmatism and elitism.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!