The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1turno de guardia corto masculine
- The latter half of the first dog watch found Hornblower next to McMasters, officer of the first dogwatch.
- The dogwatches last only two hours each so the same sailors aren't always on duty at the same time each afternoon.
- The forenoon of each day was taken up cleaning and servicing the aircraft, but in the afternoon and during the dogwatches different sports contests were arranged.
- In addition to the night watches there were the so-called dogwatches with a man in the tower and, in case of fog or a snowstorm, there was daytime beach patrol.
- On blockade duty individual captains could alter the watch routine by splitting the period from 4 P.M. to 8 P.M. into two 2-hour watch segments called dogwatches.
- On dogwatches he conferred lengthily with the reporter, back now with the most complete report on wartime England yet made by an American.
- These dogwatches are really good; I could get used to two hours of work and with that half your day's graft done.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!