The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de zanja
inglés de SudáfricaGeografía
1(ditch)(causada por la erosión) zanja femenino
- For decades too it had no storm water drainage, resulting in potholes and dongas opening up.
- According to a report tabled by the provincial standing committee on public works - which toured the province in June to assess roads and infrastructure - bridges are collapsing and dongas are developing.
- Some people have even requested that the traffic department not issue fines for unroadworthy vehicles because their cars had been damaged by dongas in the roads…
- While he said there was not much vegetation damage, the road would cause dongas in the forest due to soil erosion along steep areas.
- The department tried to repair the donga by filling it with soil, but this had since been washed away.
2(water channel)barranco (seco) masculino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!