The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
transitive and intransitive verb
- I picked my pen up and began to draw her, absent-mindedly doodling in the margins of the paper.
- Apparently, science just wasn't his thing, because he was scribbling and doodling all over the front page of his science book.
- I sipped a coffee, my favourite blend, and doodled absent-mindedly on my notepad.
- With her right hand she doodled absent-mindedly on the edge of her mother's precious newspaper.
- I picked up a pen and started doodling absently on notebook paper.
- I was actually doodling in the margins of my paper and writing.
- After listening to the teacher drone on for about five minutes, she grew bored and began doodling in the margins of her paper.
- In each piece, he combines and stacks images much as one would do when doodling in the margins of notebook.
- Ever since then, I was always doodling in the margins of my papers or in spare notebooks.
- Instead of doodling your crush's name on your binder, whip through those math problems that are due tomorrow.
- I look up from my math notebook where I'm doodling a duck.
- I go back to doodling mini cheerleaders on my notepad.
- Since I had maybe five minutes before the late bell rang, I pulled out a piece of paper and started doodling random things on it.
- Thinking back, he vaguely remembered writing or doodling something while not paying attention to the lesson.
- I was in my global history class and doodling her name again and again on the outside of my hands, until they looked rather messy.
- Because she's not directly in front of me, I can see that's she's doodling something in her notebook.
- I was still peeved at myself for doodling hearts all over my paper, even if I was daydreaming.
- Feeling kind of bored I pulled a pen out of my backpack and began doodling a little star on the inside of my wrist.
- So far, I had doodled pictures of my bagel that sat uneaten in front of me, my old house, and the cover of my ‘Christianity in Youth’ book that sat next to me.
- So I sat at my desk and doodled a couple of pictures.
- In the notebook were pretty drawings, simple little doodles of simple little joys.
- He stared down at the pages filled with notes, the margins empty of any sort of drawings or doodles.
- She said: ‘I am delighted with the response I received, from simple doodles and sketches to more elaborate paintings.’
- But a collection of doodles, sketches and self-portraits by more than 40 celebrities are proving to be a big draw in Salford.
- At a certain point I determined that pretty much everything I was thinking about was pretty unadventurous and everyone knew it already so I kind of left my sketches and doodles aside and only fiddled with them when no one was looking.
- Illustrated by photographs, this part renders an endearing picture of the artist, illuminated by notes from his personal journal and his first sketches and doodles.
- But about two-thirds of this book is filler, page after page of mildly amusing caricatures of political figures, doodles and sketches.
- Many are illustrated with sketches and doodles.
- It might be helpful if you would consider keeping a journal of your thoughts and feelings, or saving your doodles and sketches for me to look at.
- This book held all of his doodles, sketches, and documentations on the many floras and faunas of the worlds he trekked.
- He made a face at her before settling in his seat and happened to glance at her notebook, half a page of which was full of doodles and sketches.
- They weren't bad, but struck me as doodles, sketch book observations that have their own merit but lack a certain oomph.
- She spent most of her class time drawing incredibly complicated and ornate doodles on the covers of her class binders.
- In drawings that seem as impromptu as doodles, he banished imagery as well as traditional graphic gesture.
- As part of the leaving festivities, she privately published and presented to her colleagues a book of sketches and doodles made during the many faculty meetings she was obliged to attend.
- Likewise, the designers of tomorrow are all around us - in our schools, our churches, or up in their bedrooms, lost in their own worlds of sketches and doodles.
- The blue bags of classified memos, records, reports, executive doodles, and whatever are dumped into the back of the truck, where a growling metal contraption devours a half-ton of paper an hour.
- In animation, ideas start with doodles and you arrive at visually interesting things that way.
- They showed the same concern with graffiti, T-shirt designs, doe-eyed cartoon figures, cute toys, robots and illustrations based on whimsical doodles.
- It looks like doodles he dashed off when he was a teenager.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!