Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Hardware superstores offer competitive prices, but beware of products that can't be returned once the packaging has been removed, and reserve the option to exchange door furniture if it doesn't fit.
- Internally the house retains many of the original features including spectacular masonry, wooden panelling and fine door furniture.
- The door furniture is based on designs by one of Britain's greatest 18th-century architects.
- He made the astonishing gates and suite of door furniture for Edward IV's chantry at St George's Chapel, Windsor, between 1477 and 1484.
- Only half of the principal rooms had been decorated to his designs, and many lacked plaster ceilings, mouldings, complete door furniture and mantelpieces.
- Ornamental metalwork was also used as door furniture, like the bronze sanctuary doorknocker at Durham Cathedral, of c. 1130.
- The chrome door furniture is particularly elegant.
- Invest in quality fittings such as good ironmongery, hinges and door furniture, heavy doors, wool carpet laid on top quality underlay and paint work with a professional finish.
- Back inside, there are interesting swoops in the door furniture, particularly the brushed metal handle.
- The original doors were also in place along with the door furniture, while George stripped back the timber flooring.