The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de cuña
1(wedge)(para mantener la puerta abierta) cuña femenino
- The space was breathtaking, but the echo of the door slamming into the doorstop was deafening in the silence.
- I'm tired of using a doorstop to keep it propped open.
- Often people like to keep souvenirs such as this and it is not uncommon for them to be used as doorstops or points of interest in the home.
- They used to be a great Brit-Pop sounding amplifier; now, they're great doorstops.
- You like them, you love them, you hate them, you use them for doorstops.
- He has been touring tirelessly, remembering to use his Mercury Prize as a doorstop, leaving just enough room for the rest of East London's thriving scene to slide through.
- I have no reason to believe that's not still the case - and it's too lightweight to make even a good doorstop.
- A fragrant doorstop is tasteful and useful - and how many Christmas presents can claim that?
- He said that he had bought it for 20 euros to use as a doorstop or ornament, but the authorities said it was marble and accused him of smuggling antiquities.
- By lunchtime the shop was even more packed than a prawn, avocado and salad panini, so I was glad I'd stuck my turkey doorstop in the office fridge earlier on.
- Without a connection to other machines, a computer is nothing but a thousand-dollar doorstop.
- Worthless as a contribution to the historical debate, the reader may find it to have some utility as a doorstop.
- If she's not interested before you give her a huge tome like that she'll take one look at it and use it for a doorstop.
- Today, the very idea that you might use the timetable for anything other than as a doorstop is risible.
- They have been used as weapons, made into clocks, lamps, fish bowls, doorstops, plant holders, and centerpiece decorations for tables, and used to hold and weigh down everything from paper to ears to boats to pets.
- People buy old-fashioned sad-irons not to iron their clothes with, but to use as bookends or doorstops; a handsome jam pot can become a pencil holder, and lobster traps get recycled as outdoor planters.
- I resolve to begin using my multicolored weights for reps rather than doorstops, even though the purple 10-pound ones look great in the guest bedroom.
- Use bowling pins to construct a fence, a doorstop, a lamp, or any number of things in a long list of unique hand-made gifts as far-reaching as your imagination.
- Books can function as doorstops, paperweights, hiding places for some valuables, platforms for balancing a teacup on or props for broken chairs or tables.
- Originally dull gray and about as shapely as a doorstop, phones became sleeker and slicker - black, aluminum, clamshell, and pastel.
2(on floor, wall)(de la puerta) tope masculino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!