The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1the room had been double-booked — la habitación había sido reservada para dos personas distintas / por partida doble
- I was informed on arrival that my host and her boyfriend in a fine bit of mutual consultation had double-booked the single bed in the spare room (which had belonged to my host as a child).
- Until, that is, someone called to say their rooms had been inadvertently double-booked.
- When the rooms were double-booked, the reps would lose theirs, and everyone ended the season completely exhausted.
- The program's intuitive interface and dual calendaring system make it impossible to double-book rooms.
- Most were there to celebrate Co-operative Day, a festival organised by workers' credit unions, but the park seemed to have been double-booked by the Make Poverty History campaign, who are handing out makeshift white wristbands.
- Worries about money, the car and possibly no shows in Brighton in the summer before London as the chorus dancers have been double-booked into Seville.
- Those idiots have double-booked a press conference and a meeting and it's utter pandemonium.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!