The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- His doubletalk, fierce anger, and conspiracy theories do not register well with independents.
- Perhaps this context of guarded or duplicitous speech illumines the doubletalk on Paul's part.
- It's political doubletalk and you can smell it a mile away.
- It relies on doubletalk, uncertainty, lies, and keeping your opponent unsure of just how crazy you are.
- He is the master of wedge politics, of the wolf whistle and of spin or doubletalk or should we call it ‘Newspeak’.
- Will you blink an eye for them if the banderlats tear them to pieces or will you drown your guilt in petty self righteous doubletalk?
- All of the rhetoric and doubletalk aside, everyone knows that the tariff was an appeasement to a few U.S. mill owners whose inferior lumber couldn't compete on a level playing field.
- Furthermore, speech has its own structure, independent of discourse structure and sentence structure - think about the phrase-sized groupings you can hear in skilled doubletalk.
- After more than a half hour, I realized that the discussion involved much more than the mechanics of our transport; both were using this sort of doubletalk as a means of expressing continuing distrust.
- But beyond these forces is another that ratifies and multiplies their impact, helping produce a debate so remote from real answers and so infected with doubletalk that citizens tune out.
- But in this exhibition you also refer to the ‘old masters’ as evidence of innovators who must speak doubletalk in order to get away with what they're trying to say.
- And what kind of pseudoscience doubletalk do you suppose they trot out to explain this policy?
- They hide their lies in doubletalk, manipulating our English language to serve their own ends.
- The administration has sought to minimize the damage with a barrage of doubletalk that even the subservient media has been unable to swallow.
- I'm not thick, I'm not naive - I'm just sick of theory and doubletalk.
- This nation is tired of doubletalk, of deliberate confusion, and of unseemly haste.
- Until this cycle of excuses and doubletalk ends, the rest of us won't be able to separate the good from the bad.
- This double-talk has shown us a lack of leadership and an inability to implement strategies for quality of life and a sustainable infrastructure.
- In a country with proper respect for its rights and freedoms, this should not be a subject distorted by hyperbole nor confused by double-talk.
- Not surprisingly, this attempt to square the circle involved a large dose of hypocrisy and double-talk.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!