The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1cacerola para baño María feminineheat in a double boiler — calentar al baño María
- Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Transfer mixture to the top of a double boiler, add water to bottom part and bring to simmer.
- Combine condensed soup and water in a double boiler.
- It resembles a double boiler of which the upper part (the keskas or couscoussier proper) has a perforated bottom.
- Using a double boiler, bring the water in the bottom of the boiler to a simmer.
- Prevent discoloration in the bottoms of double boilers or egg poachers by adding 1 teaspoon vinegar or 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar to the water in the bottom pan.
- Break the chocolate into chunks and melt in a double boiler, bain-marie or in the microwave oven on a low setting.
- It involves a double boiler, egg whites, my handheld electric mixer and a huge mountain of powdered sugar.
- Stirred custards are generally made in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling water.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with butter, stirring until smooth.
- When the florentins have completely cooled and hardened, melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or in a heat-resistant bowl set in a saucepan of simmering water).
- In the top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Cook over a double boiler, whisking constantly until mixture thickens and lightens in color.
- Place caramels and water in top portion of a double boiler.
- Cook the mixture over a double boiler, whisking constantly, until the mixture becomes light and foamy.
- In the old days you brought out the double boiler, put it on the stove, heated the water in the bottom half and added to the top pot whatever you wanted warmed.
- In a double boiler, whisk the lemon zest, juice, egg yolks, and half the sugar.
- Add vanilla bean and cook over a double boiler on gentle heat, stirring till mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- To make it, gently warm a bottle of light honey in a double boiler, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers, and allow to infuse for two minutes.
- Place over a double boiler and whisk until the mixture reaches 165 degrees.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!