The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de dormitar
1sueño masculinoto have a doze — echar una cabezada / un sueño
- I was in the middle of a light doze (for some reason, deeper sleep was escaping me) when I hear a scraping noise.
- Jon sighed, and leaned back as a light doze overtook him.… Seven years ago, when Dïen was eleven, she started to ask for a psychiatrist.
- Watching the boy toss, turn and slip in and out of a light doze, Laras wondered if he wasn't somehow picking up on his father's tension and frustration in some subtle way.
- As the minutes passed, she fell into a light doze.
- With her thoughts on the interview she'd have to give sometime this week, the tension seeped out of her body, and she slipped into a light doze.
- He slowly closed his eyes and drifted off into a light doze.
- Jerking up from a light doze for the fifth time in about twenty minutes, he rummaged around inside a nearby desk for something to keep him awake.
- He smiled looking up at the sky before drifting off into a light doze.
- Miles away, in the depths of space, Orion jerked out of a light doze, one hand slamming against the side of his space capsule.
- After scanning their surroundings one last time, Jim allowed himself to drift into a light doze.
- Two hours later she woke from a light doze, alerted by the sound of footsteps outside the small, square, white-walled room.
- The boy had fallen into a light doze, and the pressure certainly got him up.
- The raindrops soon lulled her into a light doze, though she heard the sounds of a growing storm outside.
- His eyes fell shut as he drifted off into a light doze, waiting for nightfall.
- Shortly after she had fallen into a light doze, there was a knock at the door.
- He had slipped into an uneasy doze in the chill light before dawn when a long, wild cry split the air around him.
- The wind in my face was so cool and soothing I fell into a light doze.
- He pondered over these questions again and again, not finding the answers before he fell into a light doze sitting upright.
- Chimes took her out of her short doze and she leaned out of the bath as she realized that it was time for her to go.
- And even then, it was more of a doze than a sleep, so I woke up when I heard the front door shut at 5: 30.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!