The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(de una obra teatral) personajes masculino
- His edition also regularized the entrances and exits of characters and attached a dramatis personae to each play for the first time.
- Putting together preliminary notes for his dramatis personae, Trollope jotted down the following thumbnail sketches.
- It is hard to assess performances when the dramatis personae are so unpersonable, unbelievable, and, above all, unmemorable.
- The plot only exists to present dramatis personae with choices; character is what can be known about those people from the choices that they make.
- When he further explained the names painted the characters and habits of the dramatis personae, I and the rest of the form were hooked.
- And interwoven between all these are Colley's captives, a dramatis personae whose names and narratives gradually imprint themselves upon the reader as in a good novel.
- Included in the dramatis personae is the character of The Old Man.
- Thomas of Woodstock or Richard the Second, Part One is an anonymous and untitled Elizabethan manuscript play of some 2989 lines, missing a front cover, list of dramatis personae and an unknown number of final pages.
- Then Prospero puts Miranda, a figure of the spectator, to sleep while he calls upon his instrument, Ariel, described in the dramatis personae simply as an airy spirit.
- Baker describes Maiden in the list of dramatis personae as ‘a Nice-Fellow, that values himself upon his Effeminacies’.
- Its social attitudes were surprisingly conventional, granted the politically volatile climate of opinion, and its dramatis personae were drawn largely from the gentry and professional classes.
- Nightclub owner Harry Starks is viewed through the eyes of four different dramatis personae - an actress, a low-life drug dealer, an academic and a Tory aristocrat.
- In fact, all of the dramatis personae are sketched as archetypes rather than fully developed characters - the noble and loyal warrior, the scheming courtesan, etc.
- Outside of his main characters, most of King's dramatis personae tend to be little more than cliches and stereotypes who exist only to move the story forward.
- The film lays out the characters, gives you the dramatis personae, which we should have probably included in the book.
- In fables' classic form the dramatis personae are animals who represent the characteristics of humans.
- I would like to write a brief synopsis of the plot, but whereas many authors concentrate on a handful of major characters, Erikson has a dramatis personae that runs to five pages.
- Soderbergh cuts artfully back and forth between three interrelated story lines, with very different settings and very different dramatis personae.
- It was inevitable that focus would be made on the dramatis personae of that scene.
- To keep track of them all, Crewdson offers an all too necessary list of dramatis personae at the end of the book.
- Finally a minor gripe: There are very useful summaries of events and dramatis personae at the beginning of each chapter, but some curious choices are made.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!