The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de mercería
1.2(shop)mercería femeninopañería femenino anticuado
2(covering)colgaduras femenino(clothing) ropajes masculino(clothing) paños masculino
- Naked areas are set off by ravishing textiles, and body parts, particularly, are often framed by gorgeously patterned and richly folded draperies.
- These draperies, of cream linen burlap, hang in her own West Vancouver home.
- There, it is a sharply bent elbow or a protruding knee that becomes a kind of fulcrum and guide for radiating and zigzagging patterns of wrinkles and folds in the draperies.
- Canopies, finely executed pillars, draperies folded in gentle scallops and garlands lend to her pictures an aura of opulence.
- The fine draperies and linens had been removed along with the fine works of art and small sculptures.
- I saw a sleekly tailored, highly social downtown real estate broker feting compadres at a table in a compartment created by all those velvet draperies, and he was greeted by a doting staff as a prized regular.
- It had light green draperies attached, creating a romantic warmth.
- Are these textiles Baroque draperies, shrouds or the curtains of a luxurious four-poster bed defiled and destroyed?
- Chen emphasises the pleasant and relaxed leisure of the court ladies, while not forgetting to emphasise their feminine charms - their fragile bodies wrapped in magnificent silk clothing and draperies.
- We developed a cloth system that allowed the artists to place draperies in the player's path, which creates a very sensuous feeling, and a glow system that adds texture and magic to the light.
- Women of the brothel were said to wear transparent cloth, and vase-painters paid great attention to how much of a woman's body was visible beneath her draperies, an indication of her sexual availability and/or the quality of the material.
- Burmeister's version ends happily, but not without Siegfried struggling in the water, coming up for air, and with Odile restored to her virginal white draperies.
- Furthermore, the same kind of surface treatment is to be found in the various draperies scattered on the steps of the temple as a result the heretical abandonment of the cult of the Goddess of Love.
- His paintings of this time had a magical and apocalyptic character, with hazy shapes and swirling draperies fading into the landscape.
- Flowing draperies are not only cumbersome but actively dangerous.
- She was bleached by being so much indoors, and looked very fragile in the costly simplicity of her black draperies as she entered.
- Act II was danced before a simple but properly dreamy set of draperies.
- Ceiling draperies delineated the claustrophobic furnace of the harem and its imprisoned occupants.
- The bold foreshortening and the swirling draperies create an intensely dramatic composition.
- The flying draperies of the half-clad figures behind them are of silk, unknown in the time of Heliogabalus.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!