The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(+ singular verb) damas feminineto play draughts — jugar a las damas
- If they get bored, the shed boasts a CD player, dart board and draughts.
- To be less abstract, let us suppose a game of draughts where the pieces are reduced to four kings, and where, of course, no oversight is to be expected.
- Once they'd finished their game of draughts, Jude and Josie began a game of cards.
- They played chess faster than we play draughts.
- This is the Community Games main fundraiser and you are asked to support… The teams are now picked for badminton, basketball, chess, indoor soccer, draughts and table tennis.
- Sometimes, he'd set up a game of draughts for them to play and Jude was able to take his turn by feeling around the board for the pawns and deciding his moves.
- They played all sorts of games: cards, draughts, and even charades.
- This game is superior in complexity to English draughts by virtue of the fact that it is played on a board ten squares by ten squares and that capturing moves have an extended scope.
- The Pub Challenge uses traditional and popular pub games such as darts, dominoes, draughts and Connect Four, and its organisers Pubmaster say it aims to promote a community spirit in its hostelries.
- Of course there nothing stopping mum and dad enjoying the challenge of draughts, snakes and ladders or constructing a Duplo design.
- Badminton, soccer, volleyball, basketball, draughts, table tennis, art and make and model are planned.
- The highlights will, as always, be the athletics finals but Carlow will also be hoping for gold in draughts, Olympic handball and indoor soccer events with six teams competing.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!