Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Before the auditor visits your house, make a list of any existing problems such as condensation and uncomfortable or drafty rooms.
- The workout area was drafty and cold as always, and Star slightly shivered under her workout clothing but she could take it.
- I was born into a drafty farm house in the corn country of Iowa - protected each winter by a row of straw bales set two layers high.
- Thanks to its basting heat, any old pocket of draughty pavement can now boast a rickety table and chairs.
- We spent nearly every weekend and holiday for the last 10 years in a cold, dirty, drafty, smoky, uncomfortable place - our own chateau.
- The badge was placed on a flat surface within the child's breathing range, and drafty space was avoided.
- A typical room was drafty and chilly in winter and humid and sweltering in summer.
- It was a cold day, the room was draughty and Isabella's condition took a serious turn.
- He simply shrugged it off, ‘I have no need for my own room, and besides, I don't want you to catch cold, all the other rooms are too drafty.’
- One of the most remarkable things about Britain - now as well as then - is its incredibly well-developed network of live music clubs, mostly in back rooms in pubs or draughty town halls.
- Every house was full of flaws - leaky rooves, drafty rooms and saggy floors - and memories.
- Inevitably, there are many that are distinctly uncomfortable, old and draughty.
- The audiences are prepared to put up with draughty village halls, broken strings, buzzing PA gear and all the other imperfections that seem to make the evenings exciting.
- Of the new money, $1.2 million is going towards retrofitting cold, draughty, damp houses, and I strongly support that.
- In the basement below his house it was drafty and cold.
- Avoid drafty areas or situations where the flame will be unstable.
- You can rearrange your furniture so that you move it away from drafty areas and closer to the fireplace.
- In the center of the drafty room, the six men who had arrived that evening sat on stools around a large table.
- The candelabra had gone out several minutes ago, due to the drafty nature of the tunnels.
- Avoid placing them in a drafty area or their flower buds may drop before they have a chance to open.