The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Since then, the necessary drawn-out processes added to the personal anguish that he's clearly suffered.
- The fourth is the slow, drawn-out demise of Soho itself.
- And by this point, the process became so slow and drawn-out that they were ineffective.
- He dies a slow, drawn-out death, clutching a piece of red material to his chest.
- Certainly, a drawn-out international uproar should not be necessary every time.
- The love scene was a slow, long, drawn-out thing, sensual and erotic, and rather graphic in parts.
- Still, many observers agreed: Inside the drawn-out epic was a good hour and a half waiting to get out.
- It is necessary to prepare for a drawn-out political conflict.
- But he has been frustrated by the drawn-out nature of local government politics, which has stopped him achieving other targets.
- She rightly gave Bush credit for the effectiveness of his rhetoric and for telling the country it would be a messy, drawn-out conflict.
- Thus, I would pay an even larger premium to prevent cancer than to prevent a less painful or drawn-out cause of death.
- How worthless the whole drawn-out escapade has been.
- A drawn-out legal battle will eat into your time and certainly affect your studies, assuming that you care about such things.
- Because he did not have a visa, he had to go through a long, drawn-out and costly battle with the Home Office - which has now forced him to leave the country.
- We haven't set a deadline but negotiations are taking place with potential purchasers and we don't expect it to be a long, drawn-out process.
- It would instead be a drawn-out campaign, involving special forces on the ground, which would last years and would have no clear beginning or end.
- Only a hypocrite would ban foxhunting but allow the more proletarian pleasures of fishing, which is quite clearly a form of drawn-out torture.
- After all, the whole process is a long, drawn-out affair.
- I am hoping that this delivery policy is an unusual one, because if it isn't I then this move is going to be even more drawn-out than it already promises to be.
- Our under-21 team had just two games in the East Kerry competition, which was a drawn-out affair.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!