The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1carro fuerte masculino
- It is 30 years since Major John Bartholomew, former Wadworth chairman, decided to reintroduce shire horses to pull the drays that deliver beer to licensed premises in the town.
- The Duke is calling in on the brewery to mark the 30th anniversary of the return of horse-drawn drays for delivering beer to licensed premises in the town.
- He also said that a number of the drays that deliver the beer have been ‘debadged’ in a cost-saving measure.
- In 1869 a Jesse Peel took over, installed a brewing plant and also sold beer wholesale on a dray.
- One pair of heavy draught animals with a heavy truck could pull as much as four one-horse drays.
- Nobody can pretend that these equine oiks are anything more than garden furniture, but they do pretend, they put them in front of carts and drays and make believe that the world is still cobbled.
- On his expeditions Major Thomas Mitchell travelled with carts or drays, and in 1836 he had a four-wheeled wagonette to carry a portable boat.
- The day was supported by Fullers Brewery who sent their dray (and a large quantity of beer!).
- I am especially looking for a picture of one of the brewery's drays or wagons.
- The dray will be the one that came with the first horses brought in by Major John Bartholomew and it is currently being given a fresh coat of paint in the company's paint shop in Northgate Street.
- Although the Duke of Edinburgh has agreed to drive one of Wadworth's drays through the town centre next Tuesday, there is some controversy over his pulling a pint of 6X in the licensees' training centre.
- For instance, why do we have Wadworth Brewery drays cluttering up our streets trundling through the town on roads unsuitable even to cope with 21 st-century traffic?
- Kate Hoey, one of the few Labour MPs to vote for hunting, sits for Vauxhall, where they probably haven't seen a horse since the brewery stopped using drays.
- The purpose of his visit was to mark the 30th anniversary of the return of horse-drawn drays to the town.
- The real novelty was the stables tour to see the shire horses that pull the drays.
- A dray and shire horses were used to ferry Father Christmas across the brewery town centre to his grotto in the Boys' Sunday School, next to the church.
- For Mr Bartholomew, the chairman of Devizes-based Wadworth, went to pick up Ms Marsden on Thursday in a brewery dray done out in all its finery.
- When you finished selling your load at a shilling a bag, you could lie down and fall asleep in the dray and the auld horse would make his own way home.
- They are likely to be back on the streets soon pulling the dray with the equipment to water the summer hanging baskets.
- Police stopped traffic so the dray could make a leisurely way through to St John's Street.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!