Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1burro masculineburra feminine
- I'm such a dunce walking into a stupid place like this but its not like they could identify me.
- But depression returned when we kept thinking it was dominated by ignorant dunces.
- And I think I can say, with all fairness, that the management thinks I'm a dunce.
- But it is too much that the benefactors of mankind, after having been reviled by the dunces of their own generation for going too far, should be reviled by the dunces of the next generation for not going far enough.
- Books assigned in school (with a few puzzling exceptions) were the most contemptible of all, since those dunces, our teachers, had heard of them.
- Far from being instinct-driven dunces held back by a three-second memory, fish were cunning, manipulative, cultured and socially aware.
- As a reward, best-performing authorities will get greater financial freedom while the dunces face the threat of external intervention to sort them out.
- Now, before we question her judgment, she may well have been surrounded by dunces her entire life.
- The advertiser also takes us to be such dunces in whose heads he has to ram his message again and again.
- Or, put another way, the elections were a success and a great moral victory; but the ideas that led up to them were the purest examples of bone-headed bungling; and the man who thought them all up was a dunce.
- Plus, I'm a total dunce - I didn't even realise that ‘surprise party’ noise was a cock-up.
- I know for a fact that I sound like a complete dunce when I leave my number, which takes twice as long as it should because I fail to plan ahead and have to wrack my brain for the Spanish translation of every digit.
- Whatever grand claims spin-doctors make of their fabled and bewitching powers, they can no more teach a dunce to run the Department for Education than make a marquee the most exciting destination of the new millennium.
- ‘I was branded a dunce, without question,’ he says.
- The prose is clear enough that a math dunce like me can grasp it, and the superhero examples are enough, I think, to interest even someone who already knows physics.
- For every liberal dunce, there is a conservative dunce.
- In his early days, even the Master of Crime was a dunce.