The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(of a person)ingresos masculinemy earnings are not enough to support myself — no gano lo suficiente para mantenerme
- These are a form of personal pension where links to earnings or length of service are tenuous.
- It is in that context that the deduction from loss of earnings arises in relation to saved living expenses.
- Mr Winston has claimed he was concerned about the ground before his fall and is unhappy about loss of earnings.
- He plans to bring a civil action against them, claiming unfair arrest and loss of earnings.
- He claims he was forced to give up his job a few months after the accident and has suffered a loss of earnings.
- As well as the considerable loss of earnings, he was unable to do anything for himself.
- I'm prepared to suffer the loss of earnings that a prolonged strike will entail.
- If it had succeeded it would have eliminated the Claimant's claim for future loss of earnings.
- It was in a restaurant and the money was small so I needed to increase my earnings.
- Where the main criterion of success is money, your achievement expresses itself as earnings.
- But if you survive you will need money for care as well as to replace your earnings.
- This relief benefits employees who have high earnings and long periods of service.
- Though not a rich man, his current earnings are more than enough to support his family.
- He worked hard and sent much of his earnings to Pakistan for his young family.
- These seasonal peaks provided a bare living for those who relied on supplementary earnings.
- How much you pay towards your fees is dependant on your parents earnings and any assets your family may hold.
- He doesn't know what it is to work for a living or to have to budget his earnings or to care for other people.
- Women who earn up to average weekly earnings would receive full income replacement.
- Patients on a good income will manage, but those on less than average earnings will be hit hard.
- Their redundancy payments will be based on their earnings so the decision to strike would impact on these.
2(of a business)ganancias femininebeneficios masculineutilidades feminine Latin America
- The bulk of Microsoft's earnings derive from royalties on copyrighted software code.
- By 1914 interest on foreign loans and investment equalled a quarter of export earnings.
- Shares in its leading companies have raced ahead, fuelled by prospects of rising export earnings.
- It has since focused its attention on the local market, to make up for the lost export earnings.
- Bigge also supported the role of small farmers, but saw that wool could provide export earnings.
- A consequence for investors is that earnings are being diluted as more shares are issued.
- Therefore we must say that a stock derives its value from its dividends, not its earnings.
- The company also reported a fall in net income for Q4 due to tax on repatriated foreign earnings.
- That would be good news for exporters, and also for UK companies with high dollar earnings.
- This forecast drop in sales will cancel out the boost to earnings that cost savings from the merger has produced.
- Both companies are expected to announce strong earnings and dividend growth.
- All divisions reported increased sales and either reduced losses or improved earnings.
- You will not be taxed on income or earnings you make from money on which you have already paid basic rate income tax.
- It is a business which is capable of delivering consistent growth in earnings and shareholder value.
- Unilever said it expects low double-digit growth in earnings per share this financial year.
- The strong level of deposits on hand provides the group with high visibility of earnings.
- The bank is rated at nines times earnings when some years back it was up to 15 times.
- Both companies are valued at 13 times earnings and offer a similar dividend yield.
- Dividend cover is a measure of how many times a company can afford the dividend out of its current earnings.
- Company earnings slumped, scores of companies announced profit warnings and job cuts.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!