The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1ecologista militante masculine, feminineactivista ecológico masculineactivista ecológica feminine
- I am aware that today's most effective eco-warriors all pack cell phones.
- And they are not the treehugging eco-warriors who spend their Saturdays sweeping up litter on motorways, as one might expect.
- They are giving the eco-warriors all the support they can and are fighting the proposal with all the resources at their disposal.
- Further north, temporary bridges and haul roads near Rye Loaf hill have already been built where eco-warriors once defied the authorities from a dozen tree-houses in protest against the threat to Bingley Bog.
- From the recycled packaging that wasn't actually necessary in the first place to the oil companies who boast of how environmentally responsible they are, the virtuous rhetoric of the eco-warrior is everywhere.
- The sun is a nuclear-driven fireball - but speak the taboo statement that nuclear fuel is the only truly sustainable source of energy and one gets shouted down with howls of derision by less well-informed eco-warriors.
- Disaffected eco-warriors around the world can now learn the lessons of a decade of resistance from Faslane Peace Camp and other UK protest sites, as a tunnel-builder's guide is published on the internet.
- Instead, the big corporations and their political allies have - brilliantly - manipulated the forces that the eco-warriors themselves unleashed and turned them back on their creators.
- Illustrations for The Monkey Wrench Gang, a 1986 book about a fictional group of eco-warriors, appear alongside autobiographical strips done for The New Yorker.
- I hear the eco-warriors cry - but they haven't taken into account the energy costs and chemicals involved in their laundering, not to mention the prospect of persuading the wife to use them!
- The conclusion we came to is that the paramilitary style of these eco-warriors results really in just a tiny, tiny number of patrols in a tiny piece of one national park.
- Is it about using our purses genuinely to do our bit, or are we just jumping on a conscience-cleansing soapbox already over-populated by celebrities and eco-warriors?
- The idea that it is not enough for firms to make money for their owners is one that you might expect to be an article of faith among anti-globalists and eco-warriors.
- Meanwhile, the eco-warriors of Greenpeace have issued dire warnings about looting at the Tuwaitha nuclear facility south-east of Baghdad over the past year.
- A few years back Greenpeace occupied Rockall for more than a month, and we're obliged to those intrepid eco-warriors for their help and advice in putting together our plan.
- Later in the series, David meets eco-warriors and an earnest teenage girl who is campaigning against the local chemical plant, which she blames for her brother's death.
- Just who do these obsessive eco-warriors in London think they represent?
- Also demonstrating were Kurds, trade unionists, eco-warriors, socialists, anarchists and communists.
- Experiments are about to begin on a new form of nuclear power that even eco-warriors might tolerate - if not welcome.
- But the eco-warriors who opposed the controversial second runway can relax.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!