The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de economizar
1economizarto economize on sth — economizar / ahorrar algo
- It's a starting point, but if it's all you can earn, then you should expect to economize and reduce your expenses while you look for a way to earn a better income.
- He believes the sum required for this could be provided by economising on administrative expenses.
- Attempts to shave costs by economizing on energy use reduce pollution.
- Cement is the most expensive component of concrete, so there is often a tendency to economise by reducing the cement to a very small proportion.
- However, the councils, fire and police chiefs claim their budgets involve cutbacks and economising as they battle to keep rises to a minimum.
- The two new budget carriers can economise on costs by accessing training facilities locally.
- While travel prices are up in the first three months of 2005, this will not discourage Americans from taking trips, but they will be looking for deals and ways to economize in order to save money without giving up their summer vacations.
- The financial sector is economizing on liquid money balances.
- There is so much waste and mismanagement in government that the best way to balance the books is by economizing, streamlining, and cutting out the waste and spending the money you have more wisely.
- With this sort of ‘sharecropping’ arrangement, stores no longer have strong incentives to economize in video purchase, reducing the queuing for customers.
- If he had it he spent it and if he didn't he economised.
- It's filled with ways to economize, substituting bread and noodles and cheese for meat, making cakes that don't use expensive butter or eggs, dressing up horrible processed things with tomato sauce or pimientos to make them palatable.
- In order to generate profits, the treadmill relies heavily on energy-intensive, capital-intensive technology, which allows it to economize on labor inputs.
- They do not fully understand that carrying out the work properly will bring them better and cheaper goods, economize on the use of tax revenue and stop corruption at its roots.
- And even without international travel, the debt rises, despite my best efforts to economize.
- The problem comes when trying to economize while buying insurance.
- The father of two children said that he had to economize after the fuel crisis hit the country, including Bandung city, recently.
- To economize, the backyards were left close to their original elevation.
- Rising prices get people to voluntarily economize on goods and services rendered scarcer by the disaster.
- But economising on expenditure creates tension and conflict.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!